Q/A of CIVIL WORK
PMD MS provides an ample range of services for the management of projects in the Telecom Infrastructure Solutions. It can be elaborated in the following stages:
- Power supply routes and reticulation
- Distribution panel installations and upgrades
- COC certification
Grounding / Earthing Q/A
- Site grounding systems and bonding
- Grounding testing
GSM Base Stations Q/A
- New building structures
- Upgrading and alterations to existing building structures
- Concrete plinths with sleeve reticulations
- Mast foundations – setting out, formwork, rebar supply, rebar fixing,
sleeve reticulation and concrete casting
- Fencing requirements to secure a site
OSP fibre work (NLD, Mesh, FTTx, Spurs and EBU’s)
- Ground Penetrating Radar Surveys
- Trenching and Cleaning
- Laying of Ducts/Cables
- Backfilling of Trenches
- Rehabilitation of Road Surfaces
- Road crossing by drilling
- River or road crossing
- Reinstatements (of all kinds)
- DIT testing
- Fibre floating
- Fibre testing
- Dolomite Testing
To enable PMD MS to maintain professional services and standards, the teams are equipped and trained on state of the art fibre testing equipment. All detailed planning, installation and commissioning activities are conducted to fully documented procedures, which form an intrinsic part of a total fibre service solution. OHS: QA and Environmental friendly standards and procedures are implemented in order to ensure safe and effective service to all staff, customers and vendors.
PMD MS has expanded operations within the Civil and OSP Telecoms environment to facilitate civil work requirements on fibre networks as follow:
Project Management Delivery
Forecast, plan and schedule the site rollout to comply with the projects roll-out schedule in close consultation with the customer.
- Management of all activities, customer interface to Site requirements and Telecom implementation (Installation, Commissioning and Integration).
Confirm Quality requirements, co-ordination of trouble shooting task, timely delivery of information, personnel and other resources required to ensure completion of projects on agreed schedules.
- Provide telecom implementation tools, supervise tools used, provides acceptance certificates to suppliers.
- Define Health and Safety plans and ensure all statutory appointments are performed for safe working practices.
- Compiling Project Implementation Plan (PIP) based on customer requirements, time frames and budgets.
- Forecast, plan and schedule the site rollout to comply with the customers Project rollout schedule in close consultation with the customer and all stakeholders.
Trenching, Fibre Installations and Splicing
The company has a broad service offering, such as floating and splicing in the civil works and telecommunications industry.
PMD MS has acquired tremendous technical and project management expertise and has since successfully established a footprint in Gauteng, Limpopo, North West, Mpumalanga, Free state and Northern Cape.
The key competitive advantage for PMD MS is direct industry experience coupled with solid project management skills. This has enabled the company to offer a high quality level of service delivery. Having a highly trained and motivated workforce has enabled PMD MS to deliver projects on time and within budget allocation.
Telecoms and Technology Environment
Due to a growth of technology across the World, Economic growth, Entertainment, Employment, Distance learning, Wi-Fi Network Technology depend more on Fibre Networks and Broadband creation is a new lifestyle. Choices and stimulating economics everywhere.
All sectors of government and the private sector are increasingly becoming aware that fast communication is vital to economic development.
Responding to local and regional demands, PMD MS provides installation of cabling technologies that enhance information and communication delivery around the world. PMD MS offers a complete telecommunication service from installation of fibre optic, technical support and complacency tests of cable networks.
Trenching and Cable laying
- We use heavy earth-moving equipment to form trenches
- Telecommunications cables are properly laid in dug-out trenches
- The completed trenches are levelled so as to restore the original landscape view
- In all our operations safety standards are adhered to
- Specialized directional drill is used where roads and other obstacles need to be crossed and it can’t be trenched
- The directional drill is navigated through the obstacle where after a pipe is installed to allow for a pathway for the optic cable
- Trenches are cleared of excess earth and neatly levelled off
Cable Fibre floating
- Telecommunication cables are floated along trenches. Inspection chambers are built up along the cable run to provide for ease of access to the cables for routine maintenance work.
- PMD MS uses experienced teams to excavate trenches
- Install ducting and reinstating the trenches to the original condition and ensure it is according to customer specification
Floating and Splicing
- PMD MS uses Certified floating and splicing technicians and ensure that equipment are calibrated
Vehicles and Equipment
PMD MS is geared to ensure the best possible service and installation to the telecommunication industry with fleet company owned vehicles at our disposal as well as additional vehicles that can be added if the need arises.
PMD MS has a number of trailers available for the transportation of all the necessary signage equipment and products required on site.
We have qualified personnel along with the required equipment to effect the successful and timeous completion of projects undertaken.
PMD MS does Civil Works Quality assurance for one of the largest African Telecommunication Service Providers.
PMD MS does daily Quality supervision on Contractors ensuring the following:
- Health and Safety standards are adhered to
- Customer Specifications are adhered to while opening the trench, Laying the ducts and backfilling the trenching
- Way-leaves are followed
- SANRAL, Transnet and JRA specification are adhered to for road and bridge crossings
PMD MS review and does acceptance of site AS BUILD documentation.
Additional services offered:
- Survey and documentation of existing routes / infrastructure
- Survey and documentation of Greenfield routes / infrastructure
- Engineering difficulties (such as bridges, rivers, swamps, etc)
- Subcontractor supervision
- Generation of a survey report
- Mandrill Tests
Our goal is to develop high quality Engineering Planning for our customers that maximizes regional benefits, while making efficient use of the existing network and systems.
PMD MS does various types of planning for multiple customers.
Types of Planning:
- OSP planning (Route planning)
- MSAN and GPON planning
- Transmission planning
- Microwave planning
Our planners are all trained and approved to work on Telkom Software Systems.
PMD MS’s planners can also do Traffic planning as well as Divert planning from 2 Meg up to 10 Gig services.
Site surveying, future installations and upgrades
- Determining the Scope of Work for new and/or future requirements and installations
- Site Visit, Site Inspection and Compiling site survey reports and documentation (Site Audit).
- Site access requirements i.e. evaluating existing site infrastructures
- DCP soil stability tests
- Line of Site Survey (LOS)
Switching, Installations Commissioning, Integration and Network OPT
Switching work and cut over requirements from copper to fibre
- Installation of various switching equipment – hiQ, Sycamore hiG 1600, Softswitches
- Cut over from copper to fibre networks (E1)
- Management systems and commissioning of new equipment and upgrades
- Verification of databases
Access and Transmission
PMD MS deliver a turn key solution to Engineer, Warehouse, do Site Preparation, Installation, Power Connection, COC, Commission and Integrate SDH and DWDM Equipment for multi vendors.
PMD MS have Telkom certified and experienced planning engineers that can do Access, SDH, DWDM and Site Preparation Planning. PMD MS has close to 1000 m3 of secure storage space on our premises with armed response and 24/7 camera surveillance.
Transportation and Warehousing
PMD MS can transport equipment from anywhere in South Africa to anywhere in South Africa.
Installation of Wireways, Cabinets, Fibre Cables and Termination equipment to prepare a site for Occupation.
Installation of MSAN, SDH, Switching and DWDM Equipment, including all associated copper and fibre cabling.
Power Connection and COC
Our in-house electricians do power connections on all 48VDC installations as well as issue COC documents for all connections.
Our experienced commissioners work throughout South Africa to commission and integrate all SDH and DWDM systems according to customer specifications. We have the capabilities to test all ports from 100mb/s to 10GB/s and our EXFO MAX TESTER is used to test inter-facility cables to ensure they comply with specification. In situations where we have to test links with uncommon speed I.E. 8GB/s fibre channel, we rent the necessary equipment to ensure that a quality and professional service is rendered. Our Commissioners are very experienced in completing ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure) documents as well as the completing the required tests.
Integration of new systems and stand alone systems
- Integration of SDH and DWDM network rings and links
- Analyzing, soak and Bit Error Rate (BER) testing on links
- Fault finding on fibre readings
PMD MS specializes in DWDM network optimization, optimizing links to align optical power levels of channels and amplifiers to ensure network complies to customer specifications.
List of Equipment we Specialize in:
- hiT7070 Dual Core
- hiT7070 Single Core
- SMA 16